AMPORT PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the Ordinary Meeting held on Monday March 15th
at 7.45pm at Amport School
Mr I. Morrison, (Chairman), Mr Ian Long, Mr George Bacon, Mrs
C Mallam, Mr Neville Geake, (arrived 8.05pm) Mrs S.Hammer, Mr Maurice Hardy
Mrs Suzanne Hoare (Clerk)
Mrs Unwin, the village correspondent plus 2 members of the public
Apologies, Mr T.Southern, Mrs Diana Preston Lt Col Stephens, (Vice Chairman)
2. Minutes of the Previous Meetings
These were agreed and signed.
3. Matters Arising
Directly from the last meeting;
VDS prize for returned questionnaires will be selected by draw.
Dr Hoole`s Land – The current planning guidelines may allow us to appeal on
set 06, development in open areas. Ian Morrison to contact the TVBC
Planning Officer (copied to Dr Hoole) to discover whether there are any grounds
for reverting the garden back to water meadow.
- Amport TalkBack
The finished flyer was shown to members present. A grant is available to
cover printing costs and it will be distributed separately from the VDS
- The Green and Play area on the Green
The £1000 grant from Hampshire Playing Fields has been approved in
principle; the payment is awaiting an inspection from an officer before
release to us.
Ian Morrison asked for more short telegraph poles to stop parking on the new
Mattas area close to the track.
The memorial plaque will be carried over to next month, when more
information will be available. Maurice Hardy
The track on the Green, this was introduced by Ian Long and the past
history will be investigated before the next meeting
Agenda item next meeting
George Bacon will conduct a survey of signs on the Green prior to
the next meeting.
- Village Design Statement
The questionnaire is now finished and will be photocopied ready for
distribution on the weekend of 26/27 March
Only 2 quotes were received.
Mr Ross at £850 per cut plus VAT and Mr Pettit/Elliman at £936 per cut
The Councillors present voted for Mr Ross to perform both cut this summer. Clerk
- Monxton Village Hall.
Two letters concerning the Village Hall were circulated prior to the meeting
and the subject was discussed at length. George Bacon felt the name change
was very much a village issue, not necessarily a parish one. Neville Geake
and Ian Long spoke in favour of supporting the Hall as it was close to their
homes within Amport. Carolyn Mallam and Sarah Hammer reminded the committee
of the Parishioners who have access to a village hall closer than the one in
The committee’s proposal that they had no overall objection to the name
change and that it should be clear that no intention exists to commit funds
to Monxton Village Hall was voted upon. The result was 4 in favour 2 against
and 1 abstention Ian Morrison to contact Monxton
4. Planning Applications
- TVN.09042 Retrospective application for extension to
workshop. Woodthorpe Motors, Sarson lane. No Objection
- TVN.04076/10 Outline –Erection of agricultural workers
dwelling Southfield Holdings, Amesbury Road Weyhill Amport No Objection
- TVN.07795/2 Erection of single garage Lilac Cottage, Sarson
Lane. No Objection
- TVN.01626/2 Erection of detached 3 bedroomed bungalow 2a
Sarson Close Amport Objection due to over development and access
- TVN.03036/5 Erection of house and garage, with access onto
Sarson lane (Renewal of TVN.03036/3) Land rear of Westmead, Weyhill Andover.
Objection, contrary to development in the countryside
- TVN.06365/1 Erection of two storey, four bedroomed dwelling
and detached garage Georgia Down Cottages, Georgia Lane Amport Objection,
contrary to development in the countryside
- Tree Preservation Order TVBC.779 (2004) Westmead, Amesbury
5. Planning Results
The following cheques were approved and will be signed by a
second signatory outside the meeting, as only Ian Morrison was present
TCA Stroud’s Field
Smiths of Derby /clock maintenance £160.98
Annual hire of School
Mr Horne Bus
Mrs Hoare March salary + expenses £239.00
The final 3-month budget update was presented which showed
spending within expected guidelines. The end of year figures will be available
for the Annual Parish Meeting in April
- A reply to our letter regarding the grant for the new gates
at Amport School gates has been received, the grant of £1000 is likely to
be required in June 2004
- The Probation Service has contacted the Parish asking for
suggestions for tasks, which may be suitable for Community Service Workers;
it was decide to hold this matter on file.
- Thruxton have replied regarding the overhanging branches by
the White Horse, they have dealt with this matter.
- Ownership of the Village Green, it has been determined that
both portions of the Green are registered as Village Greens. It has not been
possible to show that the Parish Council owns these Greens. George Bacon
will speak unofficially to Stephen Oxley to determine whether the matter can
be further resolved. GB
GB - announced that his neighbours wish to have a lunchtime
buffet following their local wedding on June 19th, 7.30pm finish.
GB - Has the Amport Inn amended its nighttime lighting? MH to follow up
MH - reported pothole at the bottom of Sarson lane Clerk to inform
CM - Village Fete and Hog Roast is set for July 24th
IM - The Police and TVBC/HCC councillors along with Neighbourhood Watch
will be invited to the Annual Parish Meeting in April.
MEETING CLOSED AT 9. 55PM
DATE OF NEXT MEETING (ANNUAL PARISH) APRIL 19TH AT
7PM AMPORT SCHOOL MAIN HALL FOLLOWED BY AN ORDINARY PARISH COUNCIL MEETING