AMPORT PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the Ordinary Meeting held on Monday February 21st 2005
at 7.45 pm in Amport School.
Mr I. Morrison, (Chairman), Mrs Carolyn Mallam, Mr Maurice
Hardy, Mr Neville Geake and Mrs Suzanne Hoare (Clerk)
Mrs Unwin, the village correspondent was present, 3 members of the public
Apologies. Mr Ian Long, Lt Col Stephens, (Vice Chairman), Mrs Diana Preston, Mr
Tim Southern, Mrs Sarah Hammer.
2. Minutes of the Previous Meeting
These were agreed and signed.
3. Matters Arising from the last meeting
Ian Morrison met with Highways to discuss the bus shelter
opposite Fairways. It was decided to cut the Hawthorn hedge back to improve
visibility, and once this is completed the shelter will be decorated by the
students to an approved design. The school the students attend will be contacted
to emphasise road safety aspects. Hopefully these initiatives will reduce the
potential for an accident. The car- park bays have been marked at Fairways.
Water flow at Pill Hill Brook –English Nature have advised that the reduced
flow is due to falling winter rainfall and animal damage to river banks is not
having a significant effect.
3 tenders for cutting the Green have been received by Carolyn
- D.E.Pasque £960 for 14 at cuts at £30 plus 6 strimming
sessions around trees.
- Test Valley Garden Care propose 18 cuts at £62 = £1116.
Would like 2 yr contract.
- Bawden 14cuts =£1050, 18cuts = £1350 References were
A unanimous decision was taken to award the contract to Test
Valley Garden Care.
Carolyn Mallam to telephone contractors with result
and clerk to write follow up letters.
Ted Perren has made and given to the parish a long handled ‘key’ to
turn the water off in the road. This will be kept by Carolyn Mallam. A letter of
thanks will be sent to Ted Perren. Clerk
Village Design Statement
Neville Geake reported that David Biddy at TVBC had commented
on 8 minor points in the VDS, no information yet available on finance for
the document, however it should be published in a draft form for the next
meeting on March 21st.
A letter of thanks will be sent to Ivor Smith following his
clearance of a blocked footpath IM/clerk.
Mr Hawkins-Byass has agreed to improve the fencing around the old watercress
beds as the lake is said to be 3 metres deep.
No reply was received from Tony Pettit, and Mr William Ross has retired from
footpath cutting. Clive Hutchinson, a local contractor is to be asked to cut the
footpaths twice this year, July and September. Maps will be given to Mr
Hutchinson and Maurice Hardy will follow up his public liability insurance.
Following a question on ploughing of footpaths Maurice stated that farmers do
not need to reinstate footpaths, and that it is up to the public to do so when
An official from Amport House confirmed that their lorry
access route is via Keepers Hill.
Hampshire CC is actively considering salting the roads through the village.
Following discussions and a unanimous vote, salt bins are to be purchased for 3
sites within the Parish. 2 bins will be purchased for use in Sarson Close, one
will be sited at the bottom and the other halfway up the road. A third will be
positioned opposite Bridge Cottage. HCC will fill and install them - however the
parish will be charged £ 206.12 each ( £618.36). The bins hold 488kg of salt
to treat up to 9,760 sq m of road the existing bin outside The Old Farm, the
Green needs checking to ascertain if it is full.
Comments have been received concerning the drainage gulleys on Wiremead Lane at
East Cholderton. Maurice Hardy reported that these are cleaned on rotas and felt
that they would be on a maintenance contract at HCC. He will confirm this.
Waterloo Bridge, the issue of cracks will be followed up at the next meeting.
Traffic calming – Maurice Hardy reported that the experiment in Monxton has
not worked and they are reviewing their strategy. As this is an important issue
further discussion was postponed until another meeting when all councillors were
New Parish Councillor – Bill Gore made brief comments on why
he would like to become a Parish Councillor and questions were asked by
councillors present. Ian Morison thanked Bill Gore for attending the meeting.
Ian Morrison announced that Tanya Garman also wished to be considered for the
vacancy but was unable to attend this evening. Further discussions and a vote
would take place at the end of the public meeting.
4. Planning Applications
|TVN.07654/5 Erection of single storey extension to
south-east elevation to provide en-suite bathroom, garden room and
replacement greenhouse Stonebrook, 5 Sarsons Barns,Amport Planning
sub-committee No Objection|
|TVN.05690/10 Erection of single storey timber swimming pool
building Georgia Farm, Georgia Lane Amport Planning
sub-committee No Objection|
|TRE.CA 00587/108 Fell 2 multi stemmed Yew trees St Mary’s
Church Amport. No Objection|
|TVN.01424/13 Three storey extension and alterations to care
home to provide additional staff and residential accommodation together with
associated works Millway House Amesbury Road No
|TVN.LB.00847 Provision of 3 replacement windows Pear tree
Cottage, Sarson Amport No Objection|
|TPO.TVBC.00306/6 Lime – prune 1 limb by 1/3 lean out dead
wood and growth at base Broadwater Amport.No
|TVN.09351 Erection of 2-storey side extension to provide
utility area and w.c with bathroom, shower and erection of rear
conservatory. 8 Fairways Weyhill. No Objection|
|TVN.LB Works to reinstate front of property to its original
state following impact damage Bridge Cottage Amport. No
|TVN.LB.00725/2 Conversion and extension to barn to provide
ancillary accommodations with internal and external alterations The Old Farm
The Green Amport. Objection on inclusion of a
prominent chimney and excessive glass panelling to upper east and west
( As the Planning Inspectorate mentioned that any
development must preserve the character and appearance of the conservation
area it was agreed that a close watch will be kept on anything that happens in
this field and if there is cause for concern the matter will be reported to
Test Valley Borough Council straightaway.)
The following cheques were presented for signature, by Ian
Morrison and Charles Stephens ( to be obtained later)
SA Hoare Jan salary £208.78
7. AOB and Correspondence
Several matters were deemed necessary to be investigated. The Clerk
will write to the enforcement officer to enquire whether planning permission
is necessary on the following sites
- The satellite dish at 1 Woodside Cottages, the Green.
- Loose boxes adjacent to Waterloo Bridge.
- Shed at the White Horse pub.
- The new wall at the entrance to The Hawk Conservancy.
A questionnaire asking for comments on the mobile library
service has been received and will be returned, as this is an important service
for all ages within the Parish.
Carolyn Mallam asked for permission to hold the Village Fete on the Green on
July 23rd A 10pm extension was agreed upon for non –amplified music
at the event.
The meeting closed at 9.25pm to the public
At the closed session discussion took place over the 2
candidates and a unanimous decision was reached to ask Bill Gore to become a
Parish Councillor. IM to action
Date of the next meeting….March 21st –7.45pm at Amport