AMPORT PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the Ordinary Meeting held on Monday 23th February 2009 at 7.45 pm in
Weyhill Fairground Hall.
Mr I. Morrison (Chairman), Lt Col Stephens (Vice
Chairman), Mrs Sarah Hammer, Mr Nicholas Hoare, Mr Bill Gore, Mrs Diana
Preston and Mrs Suzanne Hoare (Clerk)
Apologies; Mrs Jean Arnell, Mr Ian Long, Mr Ashley Smith and Mrs Tanya
The village correspondent, Cllr Pat West HCC and Mr Tim Southern - TVBC
Councillor plus 1 member of the public were present.
2. Minutes of the Previous Meeting.
The minutes were agreed and signed after, having been
proposed by Sarah Hammer and seconded by Bill Gore
3. Matters Arising from the last meeting and Declarations of
No matters were raised.
There were no declarations of interest for tonight’s meeting.
4. Quarley Boundary Changes
Ian Morrison reported that he had been unable to
contact Johanna Ferguson from Quarley Parish Council but would keep trying to do
The Parish Council agreed to write to every property within the possible
boundary change area; currently the proposal would move the boundary just to the
east of Lains Farm and Shooting grounds. The letter and questionnaire would
simply ask if they wished to remain in Amport Parish Council or move to Quarley
Parish Councillors will receive by e-mail a list of those properties to which
letters have been sent. All Councillors were assured that this is a very
thorough process which will only happen if a significant majority wish it. It is
expected to involve 25+ properties.
The Green and Amport Fen
The grass cutting contract for the Green is entering
its 2nd year on a 3-year fixed price contract; therefore no further
action will be needed.
Charles Stephens reported on the meeting held with Ashley Smith and the
sub-committee. Charles Stephens felt that Ashley Smith had some very good ideas
which in the future might involve nest boxes with cameras accessible to the
school and local people. In the short term some tree clearance work is deemed
essential on the Fen area, grants are very likely to cover this expense. However
due to the shortage of time Charles Stephens asked the Parish Council to approve
expenditure of up to £400 for the tree work. It was considered that this was
within the tree work budget for the Green and Fen.
A vote was taken and all Parish Councillors present this evening voted in favour
of the proposal.
The small pathway in the Fen is to be created this spring and the top half of
the Fen will undergo clearance.
Footpaths and Highways
Bill Gore reported that new Footpath arrows at London
Lodge indicate the now unused path which runs through the property of London
Lodge. Bill Gore discussed this issue with Peter Watson at Hampshire Rights of
Way .He was informed that it would cost in the region of £2,000 to officially
divert the footpath. Ian Morrison stated
that he would speak to the landowner as it was in their interest to have the
path officially diverted and therefore they could pay the costs involved.
The footpath by the Cottage on the Green is still under review by Hampshire
Rights of Way.
Bill Gore reported that in reply to a request by the landowner, he has
researched the Footpath which runs past Holly Tree House and the Amport Inn. The
Path must be a minimum of 4 feet wide, therefore the hedge to the north of the
path will need significant cutting. The new owners at
Holly Tree House will be informed.
Sandy Geddes has written offering his services for clearance work on
the Parish Footpaths - however it was felt at this late stage it would be in the
best interests of the Parish to remain with Clive Hutchinson.
The Footpath contract for 2010 will be considered at the November 2009 meeting
when invites to tender will be offered.
The budget for this year contains enough money for 3 complete cuts of the paths
As the Parish only has 3 street lights within the Hampshire County Council
maintenance scheme, it was agreed by those councillors present to join the PFI
lighting scheme. The necessary form will be completed and sent to HCC Clerk
Pat West reported that no legal 106 agreements were
signed as yet and HCC are strictly enforcing their constraints.
An amendment meeting is scheduled for March 10th where Goodman will
be seeking some change to the original planning conditions. It is essential that
all conditions imposed remain.
It is hoped that people will support the STOP campaign and Monxton PC at this
Weyhill Play Area
As the situation with land ownership and use is not settled, Sarah Hammer
felt it would be inappropriate to use public funds for a play area, whose use
could be revoked at any time. Sarah Hammer reported that the age group in
question i.e. 10-14 year old seem to use the area unofficially for biking and
Charles Stephens asked if goal posts could be erected but Ian Morrison replied
that even this could amount to thousands of pounds when fencing, insurance and
maintenance were considered. It was therefore decided at this time not to
proceed any further with plans for equipment at the site. This will be kept
under review and perhaps the Garden Centre Development may afford a recreation
area open to all.
6. Planning Applications
7. Planning Results
The following cheques were signed after presentation
at the last meeting
|S A Hoare
|This evening 1 cheque was
|S A Hoare
|These were approved by those
9. AOB and Correspondence
Correspondence has been received from TVBC indicating that some section 106
money may be available for projects benefiting the Parish Ian
Morrison to pursue this matter.
Sarah Hammer asked if there was any news on the Yew Lodge planning application,
Tim Southern replied that he had not heard any comments.
Diana Preston reported pot holes in the road at Fairhaven, Cholderton rd
Quarley. The Clerk will report this to Hampshire
A letter has been received from a resident complaining that Dr Hoole’s
hedge had not been cut back from the road. IM to write
Caroline Unwin reported to the Parish Council that the Village fete
is set for July 4th; the Green has duly been booked.
The Meeting closed at 8.55 pm.
The date of the next meeting is March 23rd 7.45pm
at Amport School