AMPORT PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the AGM Meeting held on Monday 18th May at 7.45 pm in
Mr I. Morrison (Chairman), Lt Col Stephens (Vice
Chairman), Mrs Tanya Garman, Mr Bill Gore, Mrs Sarah Hammer, Mr Nicholas Hoare,
Mr Ian Long, Mrs Diana Preston, and Mrs Suzanne Hoare (Clerk)
Apologies; Mrs Jean Arnell, Mr Ashley Smith, Mr Tim Southern TVBC Councillor
The village correspondent, HCC Councillor Pat West and 5 members of the public
2. Election of Officers
The Clerk asked for nominations for the post of
Ian Morrison was proposed by Sarah Hammer and seconded by Diana Preston.
Ian Morrison then asked for nominations for Vice-Chair.
Charles Stephens was proposed by Ian Morrison and seconded by Bill Gore.
Both these Officers were unanimously elected.
The bank signatures will remain the same.
The Planning Sub-Committee would now operate in a more flexible format, with the
Chairman contacting the local councillor about each application and assessing
each application on need.
Bill Gore agreed to continue as Footpaths Officer.
Ian Long agreed to act as Officer for the Green.
Ashley Smith will be asked to continue heading the Fen sub-committee IM/CS
Jean Arnell has agreed to continue as the Responsible Financial
Diana Preston will continue as the representative to HALC and TV APC.
Sarah Hammer will act as the School liaison Officer.
Tanya Garman will co-ordinate Highway Matters with the support of HCC Councillor
3. Minutes of the Previous Meetings.
The minutes of the Ordinary April meeting and the
Annual Parish Meeting were agreed and signed after, having been proposed by
Sarah Hammer and seconded by Nicholas Hoare.
4. Matters Arising from the last meeting and Declarations of
30 letters were sent to residents in the western ‘pan
handle’ of the Parish asking for their comments regarding the possible
redrawing of the Parish Boundary between Amport and Quarley, so far 15 replies
have been received - 11 in favour of a move and 4 wishing to remain within
Amport Parish. 15 Households have yet to reply. This matter will be considered
again at the June Meeting.
There were no declarations of interest for tonight’s meeting.
The Green and Amport Fen
Ashley Smith had prior to this meeting sent out a
report on the plans for the Fen.
Charles Stephens highlighted some of the main points of that report.
|Mowing to the ¾ way point is underway.|
|Pollarding and clearance of the millstream to maintain
|Nesting boxes have been erected.|
|Section 106 money has been applied for via Mark Goodman at
TVBC - news awaited.|
|Hawk Conservancy staff will liaise with Pat West on how
best to obtain other small local grants.|
|A path will allow disabled access and picnic tables are
|Charles Stephens will write an article for the Parish
Signs on the Green were felt to be a little untidy - some
costings will be sought.
Neighbourhood Watch signs also need replacing.
The telephone box is also in need of some attention.
Footpaths and Highways
Bill Gore reported no problems, the undergrowth on the
path behind the Amport Inn is now long and this will be the first path to be cut
when Clive Hutchinson starts work.
The Annual costs for 2009/2010 have been e-mailed to
the Parish Council and show a significant rise. The cost will be £189 - this is
up from £144 last year and £95 for the year before that.
The Parish Council is only responsible for 3 lights and coupled with repair work
currently outstanding to 1 light for £334, this would mean an Annual bill for
the 3 lights of approx £500.
Prior to any expenditure being approved the Parish Council will write to all
residents at Fairways to ask if they wish to have the lights. This matter will
be followed up at the next Parish Council meeting in June.
6. Planning Applications
|09/00769/FULLN Erection of lean to for storage crops Fox
farm estate No Objection PSC (technical reason for re-application)|
|09/00572/FULLN Erection of a smoking shelter Amport House
Furzedown lane Amport No Objection|
|09/00802/FULLN Installation of 70 lighting bollards on
driveway Amport House Furzedown lane Amport. Objection with residents
petition sent This matter has caused concern with all residents in
|09/00685/TREEN Fell 7 Leylandi, 7 cherry trees and 1 lime
sapling at 1 Mount Pleasant Monxton Road Amport No
Objection subject to only saplings being removed and Leylandi.|
7. Planning Results
|09/00324/FULLN Erection of a single storey rear
extension to provide enlarged kitchen and breakfast room with two dormer
windows over together with first floor extension to front to provide enlarged
bedroom and en-suite (amended scheme) - Grenofen, Sarson Lane, Amport Permission|
|09/00060/OUTN Planning for a house and garage Land adjacent
Yew Lodge Amesbury Road Weyhill Permission|
The following cheques were presented at tonight’s meeting
|S A Hoare
||Green + £75 for Fen
The cheques were signed by Ian Morrison and Charles Stephens.
These were approved by those councillors present.
The Accounts were presented, having been scrutinised at the Annual Parish
Meeting prior to this meeting – there were no questions. –These were signed
and approved by all councillors present.
9. AOB and Correspondence
No matters were presented by Parish Councillors.
A member of the public raised concerns over speeding vehicles through East
Cholderton, this matter has already been raised with Ray Alborough at TVBC and
he is sending the Parish Council some information on mobile Speed Indication
Signs, these initially cost between £500-£600 with an annual charge of £300.
The Annual charge covers moving the cameras. Several Parishes can share the
costs of a camera and this is something that will be followed up.
3 members of the public expressed their concerns on the recent problems with
drinking water in the village. They were concerned over the lack of information
and care of their needs afforded to them by Southern Water. It took several
difficult telephone calls for bottled water to be delivered to the village
Southern Water maintains that the water is now safe.
The Meeting closed at 9.20 pm.
The date of the next meeting is June 15th at 7.45pm - Amport