AMPORT PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the Ordinary Meeting held on Monday 15th
June 2009 at 7.45 pm at Amport School
Mr I. Morrison (Chairman), Lt Col Stephens (Vice
Chairman), Mrs Tanya Garman, Mr Bill Gore, Mrs Sarah Hammer, Mrs Diana Preston
and Mrs Suzanne Hoare (Clerk)
Apologies; Mrs Jean Arnell, Mr Ashley Smith, Mr Nicholas Hoare, Mr Ian Long, Mr
Tim Southern TVBC Councillor
The village correspondent, HCC Councillor Pat West and 1 member of the public
2. Minutes of the Previous Meetings.
The minutes of the May meeting were approved and
signed after, having been proposed by Sarah Hammer and seconded by Diana Preston
3. Matters Arising from the last meeting and Declarations of
There were no declarations of interest for tonight’s
4. Quarley Parish Boundary Review
30 letters were sent out earlier this year to residents in an area of the
Parish which it had been suggested might like to move from within the boundary
of Amport Parish Council to within the boundary of Quarley Parish Council.
Responses were requested by June 1st and were as follows
|11 residents stated they wished to remain within the Parish
|10 residents wished the boundary moved, so that they would
be part of Quarley Parish Council.|
|9 residents did not respond to the survey.|
It was therefore decided that present that no further action
should be taken regarding a boundary change in this part of the Parish.
Ian Morrison will write to Johanna Ferguson (Chairman at Quarley PC)
and Mr and Mrs Walker informing them of the decision and this information will
also be included in the next edition of the Parish Newsletter.
The Green and Amport Fen
In the absence of Ashley Smith, Charles Stephens gave
a brief review of progress to date.
Section 106 money produced from within the Parish would most likely be available
for project work on the Fen. The developer has yet to provide funds but they
could be available in Aug/Sept.
Charles Stephens has written an article about the Fen and its history for
publication in the Parish Newsletter.
A budget proposal for work on the Fen should be presented at the November
meeting to allow Parish Councillors time to consider and approve any spending
needed in the year 2010-2011. Ideally a 3- year plan would be presented to allow
A request to take down the goal posts on the Green for the forthcoming fete was
approved but after a vote it was decided to put them back up again during the
Tanya Garman will ask Ron Moss if he can take them down
before the fete and re-erect them afterwards.
Bill Gore reported that at present he would not be able to produce the benches
for the Fen; however he had found a local craftsman at Weyhill who could make
some. This will be considered again in July. Cllr Pat West commented that her
discretionary budget had been reinstated and that she may be able to provide
some finance for this project.
Ian Morrison had, before this meeting, approved £50 worth of work chipping tree
cuttings on the Fen. This was ratified by the Parish Council.
The ROSPA report had been received by the Parish Council following the recent
inspection of the play area, minor works are needed. Initially the report was
passed to Tanya Garman to review. It will
then be given to Ian Long for his
recommendations on how the work needed can be achieved.
Footpaths and Highways
Bill Gore reported that the first cut of the footpaths
had been completed and felt that the second cut could well take place on a ‘cut
on demand basis’ with individual paths cut as needed. Parish Councillors are
therefore asked to contact Bill Gore when cutting is required.
A post designed to stop vehicles going down the bridleway from Monxton Rd to the
Pill Hill Brook has been torn up, and dumped on the Footpath behind the Amport
Inn. Ian Morrison said he will ensure its
return to the bridleway and will reinstall it as he has builders on site.
The uneven state of footpath 9 was again discussed and Ian
Morrison said he would write a letter to Mr Hawkins-Byas asking him
to make good his promise to improve the gradient on the path.
Mr Nolan, a resident who lives at the end of the track on the Green, has
approached the Parish Council about the state of repair of the track. In the
past TVBC has provided a grant to cover half the cost of the repair with 6 other
interested parties (including the Parish Council) sharing equally the cost of
repair. It has been almost 8 years since the last repairs were undertaken and it
may well be that they are needed again. Mr Nolan has undertaken to obtain a
survey and costing for repair work and report this to the Parish Council.
Sarah Hammer commented that the reflective bollards at the end of the Fyfield
Road had all disappeared and the kerbs were being broken down as a result. Cllr
Pat West recommended contacting Mr Kevin Fuller at Hampshire Highways in an
attempt to get then replaced. Clerk/IM
The uneven footway along both sides of the Amesbury Road has yet to
be repaired, the Parish Council has not received a reply to the letter it sent
in July 2008 to TVBC, a further request for this work to be done will be sent Mr
Terry Gilmour. Clerk/IM
A survey of residents at Fairways was undertaken after
the last meeting to ascertain whether residents wanted to keep the 3 street
lights for which the Parish Council was responsible or have them removed.
Responses indicated that out of 52 homes surveyed 31 voted to retain the lights,
5 wanted them removed and 16 failed to respond. The Parish Council accepted the
majority decision and the lights will be retained and repaired. Ian
Morrison will write to Mrs Knight a resident to let her know of the
Council’s decision. Clerk \ IM to query
estimate for next years lighting costs with HCC and approve outstanding repairs.
6. Planning Applications
|09/ 01064/FULLN First floor extension over existing garage
The Malthouse, Wiremead Lane East Cholderton No Objection|
7. Planning Results
|09/00545/VARN Relaxation of agricultural occupancy
condition (non-compliance with condition 2 of ARD4290 dated 11th February
1970 - Demolition of 49-50 Kiln Cottage and outbuilding, and use of site for
erection of 4 bedroom house with garage) Kiln House, Georgia Lane, Amport. -
|09/00769/FULLN Erection of lean to for storage of crops
-Fox Farm Estate,Georgia Lane, Amport Permission|
The following cheques were presented at tonight’s meeting
||Playsafety Southern Water
||2 cuts in May
|S A Hoare
|| £ 241.26
|S A Hoare
||3-months expenses for PC
|| £ 39.64
||3- months cleaning of bus shelters
||1st cut of the footpaths
The cheques were signed by Ian Morrison and Charles Stephens.
These were approved by those councillors present.
A 3-month budget update was presented to the Parish Councillors, there were no
10. AOB and Correspondence
Sarah Hammer asked that the Green be used for a social event for new Parents
of Amport School on the afternoon of Sunday 13th September clerk
to inform Mr Welch.
Sarah Hammer further reported the delay in starting the new build at
the school; this was due to missing legal paperwork.
The recent School Ofsted report was deemed as harsh as the criticisms were in
areas over which the school had little direct influence.
Diana Preston had attended the recent TVAss of PC and urged villagers to use the
local phone box or risk losing it.
The Meeting closed at 8.45 pm.
The date of the next meeting is July 20th at 7.45pm - Amport School.