AMPORT PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the Ordinary Meeting held on Monday 14th
September 2009 at 7.00 pm at Amport School
Mr Ian Morrison (Chairman), Mrs Jean Arnell, Mr Bill Gore, Mrs Sarah Hammer,
Mr Nicholas Hoare, Mr Ian Long, Mrs Diana Preston, Mr Ashley Smith and Mrs
Suzanne Hoare (Clerk)
Apologies Lt Col Charles Stephens (Vice Chairman), Mrs Tanya Garman and Mr Tim
Southern TVBC Councillor
Pat West HCC Councillor plus 1 member of the public were present.
2. Minutes of the Previous Meetings.
The minutes from the June meeting were approved and
signed having been proposed by Jean Arnell and seconded by Ian Long.
3. Matters Arising from the last meeting and Declarations of
The Green - the wooden swing supports were stained
during the holiday but the slight gulley formed under the seats remains, Ashley
Smith offered to look at this and suggest a possible repair.
The Green and Amport Fen
Charles Stephens left a report in his absence on the
application for section 106 money to improve Amport Fen. TVBC are currently
stating that the application does not fall into its criteria ‘Green Space
Strategy’ as it is not a sports pitch or play area.
Ian Morrison has asked TVBC to make a grant to the village cricket club as this
Pat West suggested a meeting including Phil Lashbrook to investigate ways to
enhance the application for funds regarding the Fen. It may be that with more
emphasis on the safety, disabled and educational aspects of the project, it
could find favour and be approved. Parish Councillors were anxious not to lose
funds generated within the village for the village.
Ian Morrison to organise meeting with PW- PL- AS –CS
Ian Morrison thanked Colin Wareham for replacing the user awareness signs
on the village Green.
The track on the Green
A letter was sent to the 5 concerned parties using the track on the Green,
the letter detailed the work involved and the recommendations made by a Civil
Engineer including the cost of an upgrade to the track. It was likely to cost
each party approx £750 assuming a grant from TVBC, the track has not been
improved since 2002.
One user of the track has replied and comments that he does not have a problem
with the surface as it is. No comments have yet been received from the other
It was decided to contact TVBC to ask whether the work currently being proposed
would be considered the basis of a suitable repair. It was also proposed to wait
for further comments from the interested parties before any decisions are made.
Footpaths and Highways
Bill Gore asked for any requests to cut the footpaths
to be made to him - Clive Hutchinson will cut them on an individual basis. It
was suggested that the end of the watercress footpath nearest the Green needs
Some signs were said to be missing on the Footpath near the Weyhill garden
centre – Bill Gore to investigate. A
broken stile was reported at the top of Pipers Hill again
Bill Gore to investigate.
The lights at Fairways have been repaired.
The contract to join the PFI has been received and will be considered at next
5. Planning Applications
Cllr West reported that the Co-op were in negotiations
with Goodman to occupy the distribution warehouse at the old Airfield, on a
positive note the warehouse was expected to be considerably smaller than the
current permissions allows. It was hoped that local Parish Councils would be
allowed some input into any changes considered by TVBC. Hampshire County Council
would be maintaining its stance on Highways and traffic issues.
|09/0144/TREEN Various tree works Ladysfield Wiremead lane
East Cholderton PSC No Objection subject to the aboriculturist|
|09/01303/TREEN reduce crown on sycamore by up to 30%
Rambler Cottage Sarson lane PSC No Objection subject to the
|09/01637/TREEN Fell goat willow Pipers Hill House PSC No
Objection subject to the aboriculturist|
|09/01748/TREEN Fell Beech, Sycamore, Maple, Leylandii,
Rambler Cottage Sarson Lane No Objection subject to the aboriculturist|
|09/01647/FULLN Erection of grain store Old Stockbridge Rd
Over Wallop No Objection|
|09/01698/RESN Erection of detached dwelling and garage
(details of 09/00060/OUTN) Yew Lodge Amesbury rd. Objection on the same
grounds as previously submitted on a detailed plan –Loss of privacy and
light to the neighbours and overdevelopment of the plot.|
|09/01357/FULLN Erection of a dwelling and detached double
garage and construction of vehicular access land Adjacent Westmead Amesbury
Rd Weyhill No Objection|
|09/01532/FULLN Change of use of agricultural land and
installation of 4 underground bulk storage gas tanks and associated
enclosure Project Workshops Lains Farm No Objection|
|09/01659/FULLN Erection of detached dwelling on site of
mobile home Middlecot Stables Middlecot. Objection
no need even for mobile home now as livestock removed.|
6. Planning Results
None at tonight’s meeting
The following cheques were presented at tonight’s meeting
||cuts in July
||cuts in Aug
|S A Hoare
||August and September
|| £ 482.52
|Smith of Derby
||3-months bus shelter cleaning
The cheques were signed by Ian Morrison and Diana Preston.
These were approved by those councillors present.
The clerk reported the Annual return for 2008/9 had been returned from the Audit
Commission as passed.
The 3-month budget update will be circulated by e-mail for councillors to
8. New Matters
Rural Settlements - Core Strategy
During the summer recess Councillors have had the opportunity to consider this
issue and further comprehensive discussions took place on the 3 options
available to the Parish Council. The options were
- Leave the situations as it is. This was how TVBC originally
addressed the problem but they have been instructed by central government to
change this planning policy.
- Loosely indicate areas within the village envelope where
planning would be permitted, whilst indicating a few areas where no more
housing would be considered suitable. This is an open response allowing
planning to allow housing on almost any suitable plot of land in the
village, obviously subject to the usual planning application process,
effectively removing the ‘brown line’ behind which currently only tandem
infill is allowed.
- Tightly draw a line around housing within the village and
only indicate where the Parish would consider extra housing. This policy
would be slightly more controversial but would allow local people some
control where extra houses would be sited.
These options are being considered throughout Test Valley and
once our preference is recorded the decision goes out for public consultation.
Our individual decision may not form part of the final policy by TVBC and we
would be obliged to conform to the final choice.
At the end of the discussions it was felt further guidance was needed and a
representative from TVBC will be invited to speak at the start of the October
9. AOB and Correspondence
Information on forthcoming Tea Dances in Test Valley and
financial help from HCC with the young drivers Pass Plus scheme will be placed
in the Parish Magazine.
Diana Preston asked if the Old A303 could be named to aid local people
giving directions. Ian Morrison to speak with Mr
Rose Wareham reported that the railway bridge at Red Post is to be
strengthened; there was concern that this could lead to increased HGV traffic
though the village.
The Meeting closed at 9.25 pm.
The date of the next meeting is Monday 19th October
– 7.45pm at Amport School.