AMPORT PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the Ordinary Meeting held on Monday 18th
January 2010 at 7.45 pm at Amport School
Mr Ian Morrison (Chairman), Lt Col Charles Stephens (Vice Chairman), Mrs
Tanya Garman, Mr Bill Gore, Mr Nicholas Hoare, Mrs Sarah Hammer, Mr Ashley Smith
and Mrs Suzanne Hoare (Clerk)
Apologies, Mrs Jean Arnell, Mr Ian Long, Mrs Diana Preston and Mr Tim Southern
TVBC Councillor and Pat West HCC Councillor
The village correspondent was present plus 1 member of the public
2. Minutes of the Previous Meetings.
The minutes from the December meeting were approved
and signed having been proposed by Charles Stephens and seconded by Sarah
3. Matters Arising from the last meeting and Declarations of
No declarations of interest were declared.
Ian Morrison stated that he had spoken to Brian Nolan and asked him to obtain a
specification for the upgrading of the track.
Regarding the VDS and Stroud’s Field it was determined that the VDS is now a
supplementary planning document and as such cannot be changed easily, a
supplementary addition would need approval by TVBC. The mention of Stroud’s
Field was not found on the internet or the final edition of the VDS; however it
was identified on the draft copy. All councillors are urged to check they have
the final copy; additional copies will be available at the next meeting for
those needed to exchange their VDS booklets.
The Green and Amport Fen
Charles Stephens reported on a successful working
party day on the Fen, 5 or 6 of Ashley Smith's team from the Hawk Conservancy
worked on the bank and fallen debris. The Parish Council’s thanks were
extended to all those who helped on the ‘clear up day’.
Ian Morrison to thank Mr
Three trees need to be removed from the Fen as they are in an unsafe condition.
Sandy Geddes is currently not available
therefore Ashley Smith will approach Tony Darbyshire to ask him to quote for the
work, it is important that the work is undertaken before the nesting season. As
a result the Parish Council approved up to £400 which can be spent on the tree
work without further reference to the full committee.
Another working day will be planned shortly, after the path is constructed.
The work on the path is due to start before the end of January; this will be
undertaken by Mr Barry Rose. The clerk will
liaise with Barry Rose on the payment of invoices up to £4090 as previously
approved, it is hoped to be able to claim back some of the VAT on materials
The majority of the funding has already been received from the section 106
agreement finance held by TVBC.
The work is expected to take about 2 weeks and Ian
Morrison will speak to Mr Van de Pette to inform him of the Path’s
No further information available, this project is
awaiting the specifications which will then be referred to TVBC for approval
before costings are sought.
Footpaths and Highways
As a result of the recent bad weather there has been a
request for an additional salt bin at the top of Sarson’s Close. Mrs North
from 28 Sarson Close contacted the council and asked for an additional bin. The
Parish Council discussed where other salt bins might be needed in the Parish.
Fairways and East Cholderton were areas of the parish where additional bins
could improve safety. The clerk will contact
Hampshire Highways to determine the correct procedure to obtain further bins and
also investigate the possibility of grants from HCC towards the initial purchase
of the bins.
Bill Gore reported that Clive Hutchinson was happy to start cutting the
footpaths during the end of May- beginning of June.
The proposed bench on Footpath 10 overlooking Pill Hill Brook, which was
mentioned at the last meeting by Diana Preston was discussed, this will need the
land owner’s permission before anything else can be done. Ashley
Smith stated that he knew Harold, the farm manager who works for the
owners Sylvia and Bruce French and that he would be happy to make an initial
approach on the matter.
Bill Gore reported that the rubbish at the end of Footpath 21 has been cleared;
this was arranged by Monxton PC.
5. Planning Applications
6. Planning Results
The following cheque was presented at tonight’s meeting -
S A Hoare Jan salary
The cheque were signed by Ian Morrison and Charles Stephens.
This was approved by those councillors present.
The financial risk assessment had been checked by Don Garman
who had made some suggested changes This led to discussion on the need for an
‘Officer of the Green’ who would be responsible for checks on the Green and
a further proposal that a Tree Officer be appointed to the Parish Council. Ashley
Smith volunteered to ask Tony Darbyshire if he would consider
accepting the role of Tree Officer, this would involve an annual inspection of
the trees on Parish Council held land.
Ian Morrison thanked Don Garman for his help on the risk assessment planning.
8. AOB and Correspondence
Sarah Hammer asked that the Parish Council chase up the work to repair the
kerbs and bollards at the junction between Fyfield road and the Amesbury road.
The initial enquiry was made in July last year, an attempt to determine the
situation in October led to the work being described as ‘ongoing’. Clerk
to determine current status.
It was reported to the meeting that the work on the new school building was set
to start on Monday February 15th, the beginning of half-term. No
approach has been made to the Parish Council to use the Green for storage.
Charles Stephens asked that the Parish Council added their concerns to those of
Monxton with regard to the current application before TVBC regarding the
warehouse at old Andover Airfield IM to
write to Jason Owen at TVBC
The Meeting closed at 8.40 pm.
The date of the next meeting is February 15th – 7.45pm at
The March meeting will be held at Weyhill Fairground committee room at 7.45pm on
Monday March 15th